We assemble high-energy-density battery packs to power high-efficiency electric powered unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), multi-rotor, fixed-wing or VTOL type, destined to be used in various industry applications, such as to transport packages (delivery services), television broadcasting, signal relay, video surveillance, surveying and mapping, aerial photography, medical aid, pipeline & powerline patrol or agriculture.
Adding matching battery cells from the same manufacturing batch to minimize variability within one battery pack, and to design these to the smallest detail, the CMEC can release only a limited number of batteries per month, especially for large units.
The NCR18650 and NCR20700 are lithium-ion high-quality cylindrical form battery cells, with LiNiCoAlO2 chemistry, manufactured by Sanyo-Panasonic Corporation, in Osaka 大阪市, Japan 日本. Having a high energy density (specific energy more than 250 Wh/kg), thus, it’s the best solution, state-of-art, to powering the UAVs.
How It’s Made
After are assembled in “honeycomb form”, the battery cells terminals are over-insulated, and joined by nickel-strips layer through pulse-welding dependent upon the configuration.Then wiring-harnesses for BMS, high quality polarized connectors, and discharge cables are applied, spending more attention to detail and safety elements. The entire cells block are surrounded by multilayer fiber shield, resilient and light.
To reduce manufacturing costs, the battery pack are wrapped with a hard PVC film. The aesthetic appearance isn’t charming, but we work hard to develop a tough and lightweight housing.
Consult the table from battery configurations page, to see certain possible pack versions and basic details, like the voltage, capacity, maximum continuous discharge current and weight, and click on their specs for more info.
Consider a few things:
- The custom battery packs are in-house engineered.
- CMIUTA Electric Company also develops their own components, like shielded discharge cables (EMF Compliance), or honeycomb type holder for battery cells (*).
- A battery pack it is assembled with high quality lithium-ion cells, which have about 70% more energy density, is more powerful, and has 35% more lightweight than the Li-polymer pouches used in the present on some UAVs!
- Are available in plenty configuration, starting with 3S3P. In some cases, when a particular setup is desired, the gauge limit of the battery pack must be discussed in pre-order phase, because the cylindrical form of the battery cells constrains the final geometry of this.
- Are delivered directly from the manufacturing workplace to the country and address of destination given to us in the order. No dealerships! No extra costs!
Flexibility and react to market. Creating quickly battery pack prototypes. Lower cost when producing in low volumes.
Process of Developing
* Because our goal it’s about continuous development and improvement of products, later this year or next, we will start assembling the battery packs in a special cell holder, molded with 20% carbon fiber カーボンファイバー
- Increased impact resistance.
- Thermal conductivity enhancement.
- More robusted.
- Embedded power/balance connector.
This work by CMEC (CMIUTA Electric Company) falls under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Consent with respect to rights that are not covered by this license are available through CMIUTA Electric Company. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.